Creating your workspace from scratch can be a tedious task, especially if you already have your organization set up somewhere else. But if you’ve been using Trello, now you can import all your data from Trello into Infinity and kickstart your work process with just a couple of clicks.
Let’s see how it works.
How to Import Data from Trello
You will get the option to import data from Trello when creating a new board. Just follow the same process as you would while creating a new board (read more about it in the Boards section).
After you've customized your board, you will be asked how you want to set up your board.
You can also import data from Trello into one folder. You will do this when creating a new folder. After you click +New Folder, a folder creation modal will appear. At the top right, you will notice the option to import from Trello.
For both board and folder, the importing process functions the same:
- Click on Trello Import to start the importing process
- In the new screen, Authorize Infinity to access Trello
- Choose which Trello board you want to transfer in the dropdown menu and click Next
Next, you will need to decide which data and information you want to import from Trello:
- First, choose the lists your want to import
- Then, choose the content you need. i.e. the attributes you want to import
- Finally, choose the team members from Trello you want to map out and add to your Infinity board
- When you're done with the setup, click Start Import
- Wait for the import to be completed
- Click Check out your new board
Your Trello board is now imported into your Infinity workspace. From there, you can organize and customize it just like any other board.
Importing your data from Trello will transfer your tasks and data together with dates, comments, labels and team members. And it will include other attributes such as Checklist, Attachment and Description so you can customize your items further.